Do you have a few rooms in your home that are tired looking; rooms that are outdated and have no pizazz? If you want to freshen-up the look of some areas of your home without spending a fortune on an entire renovation, then here are a few areas to consider making-over and tips on how to do it without breaking your shoestring budget.
Updating your kitchen is easy when you know which changes to make to create a dramatic effect.
• Lighting – Replace your kitchen lighting with low-cost ceiling fixtures for functional lighting while installing fluorescent lights under cupboards for work space. Create dramatic effects with decorative pieces set about the kitchen.
• Curtains – Remove old curtains to brighten up the room. A decorative valance or decorative swag over the windows adds a fresh new look.
• Flooring – Update flooring with inexpensive linoleum or discounted large floor rugs for under your kitchen table and a runner in the kitchen galley.
Here are some quick and easy tips for creating an inexpensive, relaxing oasis in your bedroom.
• Paint and Crown molding – An inexpensive change is to add a fresh coat of paint to your walls. Next, add lightweight trim and crown molding around the room to make your walls pop and give it elegance.
• Lighting – Inexpensive lighting pieces are easy to find. Hang a decorative chandelier over the bed to give your room a fresh new look. For added lighting and atmosphere, choose two decorative bedside table lamps to continue with your new lighting theme.
• Bed covers – Finding sales on bed ensembles is easy. A new, bright ensemble will make your bedroom more welcoming.
• Lighting – Inexpensive lighting to light your drive or walkways brightens your home.
• New shrubs – Ripping up old, dead or unattractive shrubbery for more luscious or flowering greenery gives your home a welcoming curbside appeal.
• Pavers – New, inexpensive pavers laid, leading to your front door, are inviting and will add charm and value to your home.